POSITAL PROFINET ATEX/IECEx-certified rotary encoder is designed to operate safely in atmospheres where there are potentially dangerous levels of explosive gases or dust. These devices are part of the IXARC family of magnetic rotary sensors and are available in single- or multiturn versions. Rugged, reliable and highly accurate, these devices can be ordered with a wide range of mounting and coupling options that ensure that they can be installed in zones 1 and 21 (as defined from the ATEX directive).
- Certification Zone 1 & 21 (Oil&Gas) and M2 (Mining)
- Ex-proof “d” Flameproof Enclosure
- Available in Aluminum and Stainless Steel (316L)
- Available with a Removable Connection Cap, Radial Cable Exit, or Axial Cable Exit
- Resolution 16 bit Singleturn and 14 bit Multiturn
- No Battery Back Up Needed
ATEX and IECEx Norms
ATEX and IECEx norms define essential requirements for equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres.